Skip to content
BR Double Jointed Sweet Iron Loose Ring Snaffle
- Sweet Iron bits are known for the sweet taste of the mouth piece. Besides, the bits are anatomically shaped and available in many shapes and sizes.
- This double jointed loose ring snaffle is made of solid stainless steel rings and a mouthpiece of mild steel combined with a layer of sweet iron on the mouthpiece (blue).
- The sweet iron stimulates the chewing process and saliva formation. When this material reacts with moisture, warmth and air in a process called oxidation, the surface rust tastes sweet. As a result, the horse will be more willing to accept the bit. The blue colour disappears eventually, but the taste of the surface rust remains.
- The anatomical design of the bit follows the shape of the horse’s mouth, which allows for a gentle and even pressure distribution. The double jointed bit consists of three parts. The middle section of the mouthpiece lies flat on the tongue, causing more pressure on the tongue than a single jointed bit would. The thicker the middle section, the more pressure it will create on the tongue. Mouthpiece thickness 14 mm, ring size 65 mm.
- A loose ring snaffle allows the mouthpiece to move freely relative to the rings. This type of bit allows a lot of movement, making it one of the most easily accepted bits